Saturday, October 15, 2011

Fire in the grove. Incendio en el bosque


I made this painting thinking about so many fires spread in the mountains, destroying houses in  the hot summers of California. I remember one afternoon of 2008, I was looking through my kitchen window, and the clear sky suddenly became dark as night, it was so scary.... I thought, ¨a huge storm!¨, but it was smoke everywhere, coming from the north. Whole neighborhoods burnt to the ground, the reason, an accidental fire, a cigarette, anything that provoked a domino effect.

2 comments:

  1. Que terrible visión, yo nunca he visto un incendio de cerca, pero te prometo que tampoco me gustaría encontrármelo, es espantoso, aunque tu cuadro lleva el mensaje divinamente, besos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Sofía, ver el cielo oscurecerse de golpe fue como una visión apocalíptica, el sol se veía rojo a través del casi negro, serían las 3 de la tarde. Saqué una foto, me asusté hasta que me dí cuenta que era el viento que traía el humo, fue un incendio enorme por un descuido, no creo lo hubieran hecho adrede. Acá las viviendas son de madera y hubo barrios completos quemados. Por suerte este año no hubo problemas. Un beso,

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...